Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Somethings you should know about DEVIN


Devin had a great year in 2 nd grade. He made a lot of friends, and tried out a few new sports. This was his first year in Soccer. He played a defender and did well with his strong kicks. On his last game it was snowing and before half time the coach moved him up to forward and he scored his first GOAL!!!! He said, "Mom, it was so easy, all I had to do was kick it where the goalie wasn't." He has it all figured out now. Tradition with my family (thanks Dad) when a goal is scored, we get pizza :) a few of his buddies joined us too.

Devin has been a very good student. He has recieved strait 4's (A's) except for one trimester this year. I am very proud of him, and the effort he puts into his academics. He was also nominated by his teacher Mrs. Rickey for the challange program. The challange program accepted him gladly. Devin is looking forward to this new adventure.

My little man also won the 2nd grade spelling bee :) I wasn't told about it until the morning of, and he said it wasn't a big deal we're just doing it in our classroom. Well, turns out it was in the computer lab and all of the classrooms were involved. Ugggh. I felt so bad when he came home with his goody bag and told me he'd won. The final word was GLAMOROUS. The other 2nd grader misspelled it and Devin spelled it right and won......Whoo Hoo!














He was also involved in Swimming Lessons and Gymnastics at the YMCA. If you are around Devin long enough you'll see him stretching, doing the splits, or posing in a cobra (yoga pose). He's moved up in swimming from polliwog to guppy :) he loves it except for he claims he's not very good at back floating. I remember as a kid fearing being in the water on my back, but I love it now. Instead of Gymnastics this session he's decided on Family Tae Kwon Do. Yep, I said Family so Devin & I are doing this class together, and let me tell you something, by the time it's over, I'm beat. We've only had one class (7:45-8:45 every Friday) and it's tough, but it's fun for Devin & I :)
Oh, and remember what I said about his first goal on his last soccer game? He did the same thing in baseball.......very last game....... very first home run. Way to go Debo. I am so proud of you :)


Love, Mommy

2 comments:

nana said...

I thought I already left a comment... somewhere out in cyber space. Devin I am so proud of you. Love this Peevy family!

Beki said...

Devin you are a stud. I'm so lucky to have you as a nephew.