Thursday, September 11, 2008

My new old table

So for a new project I decided to refinish this "hot chocolate table". It was this honey varnish finish with loads of polyurethane to top it off. I never have liked the color, so I was ready to try something new.
At first, I was thinking about painting it and then doing like a cracke finish. But, when I saw how pretty the grain was underneath, I decided to try a colored stain. My first thought was RED, I love love love RED, but I already have quite a bit of red accenting my house. So, I decided on
Botanical. What do you think? I love it! It brings out the green in my rug and carpet.
I love the way it shows the wood grain. I am so happy with the way it turned out, now I want to refinish everything. Stay tuned :)

6 comments:

Beki said...

Wow Leisa. That looks so good. I want one too. You are so crafty. I love your guts.

Jill said...

Seriously Leisa ... I think that you stole that table from me and you need to give it back ... NOW! I love it! So cute.

nana said...

Very cute Leisa. I love the color, and love the style of the hot chocolate table, keep me in mind when you get tired of it! Love you!

lynda said...

Leisa, I didn't know you were so crafty. I have a few things I need to refinish, can you come give me a hand?

Cyndee Cook said...

Leisa, Ok! I have to be different. I am not coveting your table. It is very cute though and you did a great job! Love Aunt Cyndee

Anonymous said...

It look so great. I am going Yard Sale hunting for some good projects. My house needs some furniture badly!